Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Poetry

Good gravy, I can't believe I haven't posted these yet. The first two were inspired to me by this picture. -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniemariephotos/5810288492/in/photostream ^_^ The last one was inspired by a chicken egg. lol


The Seed of Life
-----------------
I start from a seed,
Planted deep inside the Dirt of Life.
I sprout and grow a few leaves.
Away I go, higher and higher I climb.

I rise to the sea of the sky,
Up above I see the Star of Christ,
Shining brightly for me to see
I have reached the end of the sea.

My limbs grow weak,
This is the end of me
But do not worry,
For I believe.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A Friend is All I Need
----------------------
Like a genocide of life,
I have survived.
I lost my friends and family,
But not my life.

What purpose is it of mine to survive?
Why wasn’t I one that has died?
Who is the one that keep me alive?
Questions I ask with no reply.

All I ask is a friend at my side.
One, who will stick with me through hardest of times.
Now I ask,
Are you the One?

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Chicken Egg
-----------------
The oval of life,
Resting so calmly in my hands.
It can not speak, hear, see, feel, or taste,
But it is alive.

It needs warmth to survive.
Warmth from it’s parent,
Much like the Sun warms you.
You need warmth to survive.

The white shell,
The barrier between life and death.
When the time comes,
It will break open and it will be reborn.

I ask you.
Have you be warmed?
Have you broken your shell?
Are you a chicken egg?

(Note: Replace "warm" and "warmth" with "love." ^_^)

2 comments:

  1. that awesome poem should be printed off and set very near to my picture :) It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete