Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Freedom?

I've always wondered how one would go about obtaining true freedom and what freedom really is. Is the United States of America really free? I think when they say we're a free country, they mean we're an independent country. Free to make our own choices without another country making them for us. But is there more to it? I think so. I think there are three "orders" as I like to call them with a possible fourth. Now, I may just be repeating someone else's words or rephrasing them. I don't know. This is just what I came up with and I've never really heard otherwise. Also, this is very arguable, I haven't put a lot of thinking into this, so feel free to argue this. But to obtain true, pure freedom I think you need to separate yourself from these "orders."

The first order is the Government Order. The laws and rules made by the governments to keep order amongst the people. If these laws are followed then the world should be pretty peaceful place, correct? I like to think that. They make these laws defined by society themselves, which brings me to my next one.

The second order is the Society Order. We must conform to societies mores and folkways to not be shunned by everyone and be considered an outcast.

The third order is the Religion Order. People follow their religion and their religion tells them what is good and bad, right and wrong.

What do all of these have in common? It's an outside force telling you what is good and bad, right and wrong. I feel you would truly be a free person if you knew not what was good and bad. That you could do whatever you want without having guilty that you did something bad or good. A jungle man raise by himself in the jungle without no physical interaction with any other living creature except the ones he eats (if he's like that at all). What would this jungle man be like? He does not have a government, society or god telling him what to do or not to do. He should be what a true free man looks like, right? Which brings me to my last order that I don't know if should be counted or not, because I feel it is influenced by the other three orders above.

The last order is the Self Order. That little voice in the back of your head that tells you what is right and wrong. That little Jiminy Cricket on your shoulder.

I tried to explain this the best I could. It sounds a lot better in my head, I just always have a hard time putting it on paper. I've also thought about writing a book about this. Where there is a country where man (or woman) could do whatever they want on this land without any consequences. What would this land look like to you? To me it would be a chaotic land with crime everywhere and mobs trying to control everyone with fear and power. To me freedom doesn't sound all that glories. But that's just me...

1 comment:

  1. Freedom from all things is a concept none of us will ever achieve, or ever should in our life. We have our freedom's, sure, but those freedom's are given to us by those "Orders". Could some of those freedoms be completely free? Or are they simply only supposed to mimic them? With our freedom of speech there are even a few things that do not apply. Society says to be independent, to be ourselves, but some people's selves are truelly monsters. Religion tells us to believe something and except the answers they give us as truth, but never believe anything just because someone or something told you so. (Don't get me wrong I do believe in my religion with all my heart, but I had to find it somewhere else than church or a bible). Self order I believe is the trickiest, not everyone has it, either by causes that can not be controlled (brain damage) or their mind can simply overrule it time and time again until that voice simply keeps quite, and also I think that self order relies heavily upon our environment we grow up in. We could go further to say we are inclined to live by the laws of physics,of time and space, our physical world in general, but in the future who knows, quantum mechanics is showing us that even some of those aren't quite as they seem. All in all, do I believe that we can achieve complete freedom from all of these? Very simply, yes I do. Take what you think/know about heaven. It's bliss right? You do not need anything, it is plainly pure joy. If it is pure joy/perfection, why would we ever need to do anything harmful in anyway, because that would disrupt our joy, why would you ever do anything that takes away your perfect joy? Freedom can exist when we are truelly happy, when anything wrong in the very least will only inflict harm that we bring upon ourselves.

    ReplyDelete